We had an interesting night in the Wilensky household. Adam has not been sleeping well and was exhausted so I talked him into taking one of the sleeping pills that I take on occasion. So needless to say, he was completely out of it. Normally that would have been fine, but not last night. I fell asleep around 11pm and around midnight I woke up to someone knocking on our front door. I woke up Adam and told him that someone was at the door and he sat up and said "No there isn't". Okay, I thought, maybe I dreamt it. But then there was definite knocking at the door. I woke Adam up again and he told me the same thing. I got out of bed and looked out the upstairs windows. I couldn't see anything, but someone kept pounding on the front door. I shook Adam and asked if he could go see who it was (I didn't feel like getting murdered, raped or robbed), but by this point Adam wasn't even responsive. Great, I thought, it's up to me. I flipped on the porch light and realized that it was our next door neighbor and her daughter. They had just gotten home and wanted to let us know that we had left our garage door open. It took me forever to go back to sleep, but finally did around 1:30. I was up again at 2:30 to go to the bathroom and also went to check on Garrett. I soon as I walked into the nursery I could smell vomit. Not good. The crib was full of vomit with Garrett laying in the middle of it sound asleep. I was able to get some of it cleaned up and a new pad layed down without waking him up, but his PJ's were drenched as well. So, I had to do a full clothing change, which of course woke him up. I finally got him back to sleep around 3:30 and then fell back asleep myself around 4. He was up again at 5:30 and didn't go back to sleep until after 6. Needless to say, I was not the most pleasant person today (I don't do well on limited sleep). The rest of the day went fairly well. We had a few more small vomiting episodes and he was very clingy today and did not want to go to bed tonight, but hopefully tonight will be a better night and tomorrow a better day. Wish me luck...
No comments:
Post a Comment