It is only 9:30 at night and I am "alone" in the house. Adam is already in bed and Garrett has been asleep since 7:30. I was able to watch my new favorite indulgence of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here" (I know, I know, but it is addicting!) and have been lost in my thoughts since it ended. It is not often these days that I have a good chunk of time to myself to just sit and think in peace & quiet. I checked in on Garrett, as I do every night. I know it sounds silly, but I still check to make sure he is breathing! It struck me tonight, that he is no longer a baby. He has grown up so quickly and is now a full-fledged toddler. He is constantly running and in motion the entire day. It wears me out just watching him! I couldn't help but think about how blessed I am to have 2 such amazing guys in my life. Garrett makes me smile every single day (although we still have some rough days) and I cannot imagine not having him as my son. I literally have no idea what I did with my time before he came along! My thoughts rapidly turned to wondering what he would be like next year on his second birthday, or when he goes to Kindergarten, or when he goes off to college, or when he (gasp!) gets married and I am not the most important woman in his life anymore. These thoughts quickly bring me tears, as I cannot imagine for one second not seeing him every single day and I wonder how all the other mothers before me have managed to do it. It makes me have a whole new respect for my own mother and for my mother-in-law. Motherhood is truly
indescribable to me. I find that it gives me so much joy, stress, laughter, tears, confidence, doubt, fear & undeniable love all at the same time. When I became a mom, I had no clue how hard it would be, but I also had no idea how incredibly AWESOME it would be too. Ok, enough sappiness, I'm off to bed....
No comments:
Post a Comment