Today I had an ultrasound to follow up on some images of the baby's brain. Two weeks ago they mentioned that the ventricles in the brain were on the large side and that we needed to monitor it. At today's ultrasound, we discovered that the ventricles have increased in size even more. So, we are scheduled to see Maternal Fetal Medicine in one week to have some more detailed images taken of the brain and other various organs to determine if there is a need to do an amniocentesis to rule out a chromosomal abnormality. I'm trying very hard not to completely freak out (because I have a tendency to do that), but seriously this week cannot go by fast enough. Overall though the baby is growing and developing right on track. He is up to a whopping 3 pounds 7 ounces and already has quite the set of chubby little cheeks! Here are the 2 pictures we were able to get from today's ultrasound. He continues to be uncooperative when it comes to pictures and had his face all smashed into something of mine (a bone, an organ, who knows?!?), so he seems to be a typical Wilensky boy for now :) I don't have an updated belly shot, but will get one posted soon!
Chubby cheeks, fist up by chin & mouth, and you can see his hairline :)





No comments:
Post a Comment