Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy, Busy

Sorry so long since the last update, but Garrett has been keeping us busy. He has not been feeling well for about the last week or so. I took him in to see the doctor last Thursday and they said that his throat was extremely red and irritated from his reflux. We increased his meds and are hoping that will help a little. He was very fussy most of the weekend and we have been referred to a Pediatric Gastroenterolgist. The main concern is that he may have esophagitis, which is basically an inflammation of the esophagus and can lead to other problems if not appropriately treated. Our appointment is on the 19th so I will let everyone know what I find out. We spent the day yesterday at The Children's Museum and Garrett seemed to have a great time. He loved playing with the big Lego blocks, watching the trains, and staring at the fish. I will post some new photos when I get a chance. He did give me a little scare on the way home from the museum though. He had a peanut exposure while eating lunch there and on the way home he began coughing and then started to wheeze. I pulled over to see what was going on and he even had a rash developing on his tummy. I gave him Benadryl and within 10 minutes or so he was improving. About 4 hours later his eyes started to swell a little, so we repeated the Benadryl dose and he has been fine since then. His eyes are a little bruised today (probably from the swelling) and he is SUPER cranky, but no more allergy symptoms (thank goodness!).

No comments: