Tuesday, February 22, 2011

4 months!

Where on Earth should I begin with Mr. Sawyer?  Well, I believe in one of my last blog entries I bragged about how his colic was much improved.  Ha!  That was a huge mistake & God must have been laughing as I typed that entry!  In fact, those weeks following were the worst to come.  After switching Sawyer to a different elemental formula and still not seeing improvement, I did some research and discovered that his reflux medication contained lactose (which we believe him to be allergic to).  So, off the meds he went and back onto the previous elemental formula and Voila!  He is SUCH a happier baby now!  He really is like a completely different child.  We were also having some major sleeping issues at that time.  Sawyer had gotten to the point where he would only sleep while being held or while in his swing and then waking every 1-2 hours all night.  All of this nonsense left me sleeping on the couch next to the swing for the past 6 weeks.  Definitely NOT ok with this Momma!  But, I'm beyond thrilled to report that for the past few nights he has been sleeping in his crib at night AND during naps!  He still wakes up about every 3-4 hours to eat, but this is a huge improvement for us.   

He is very close to rolling over and I expect that he will be any day now.  He also is working on a few teeth and is gnawing on everything he can get his hands on and drooling like crazy.  He LOVES to be naked, to watch his big brother run around like crazy, has the biggest gummy smiles, and a super ticklish spot under his chin that makes him laugh out loud every time you touch it :)  His 4 month physical is this week so I will update then with his current measurements.  Enjoy the pics for now!
Valentine's Day cutie!


So big!


No comments: