Sorry it has been so long since my last update. Many of you know that we received some sad news a few weeks ago related to my pregnancy. I have been diagnosed with a
blighted ovum, which basically means that this pregnancy is not viable. This link explains it pretty well. We have been going for weekly ultrasounds for several weeks now and it has been a VERY long and emotionally draining process for us. At our first ultrasound, we were told that we were having twins, but that they were concerned about one of the sacs. Two weeks later only one sac remained. Last week they informed us that they still could not visualize the baby on ultrasound and felt that it was, indeed, a blighted ovum. We returned this week for a follow-up ultrasound, which confirmed the diagnosis. We have chosen, at this point, not to have a D&C performed and to give my body the opportunity to miscarry on its own. We have another ultrasound scheduled for late next week. If I have not miscarried by that point, they will check one last time for viability before scheduling me for a D&C. We are extremely saddened by all of this, but we have begun to accept the news and to try and move forward. Garrett has been keeping me busy, which keeps my mind off of it most of the time. Thanks to everyone who has called, emailed, or text me. We really do appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and I will try to keep everyone updated on whether or not I will have to undergo surgery.
1 comment:
Heather...
I am so sorry to hear this. You and Adam are in my thoughts.
Dana
Post a Comment