Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy 11-month Birthday, Garrett!






I feel like I write the same thing every month.....Wow, where has the time gone? People always tell you to enjoy your children when they are little because they grow up before you know it. I truly believe that now. I cannot believe that it has been almost a year since Garrett came into our lives. He is such a blessing and a joy to our family. He has now mastered the art of getting wherever he wants to go. He is cruising along all of the furniture and is also crawling (finally!). He even took his first steps this week! Before long, I know that he will be running around the house.
He is such a nosy little guy, always wanting to know what everyone else is doing. When we go out, he loves to just sit and watch all of the other people. I still have him enrolled in Gymboree class once a week and he absolutely loves it! He also LOVES little girls and gets really excited around them. He usually will start screaming at them in this super-high pitched, excited, scream that he does (it usually scares the girls, but he doesn't quite realize that yet). He is becoming quite the little "player" and even kissed a little girl in class last week! I don't think that his girlfriend, Gabby, will be too happy about that in the future.
He has really become quite a good little boy (much different from the colicky little guy that he use to be). He makes us laugh every single day and is becoming much more vocal. He is still only saying "dada" and "uh-oh", but I think that he may have said "doggy" and "Jasper" a few times. He has been saying something that sounds like "mama", but he only says it when he is crying or upset. Other than that, most of his "conversations" are either in a foreign language or are just baby jibberish.
He now has 6 teeth (2 on bottom, 4 on top) and is doing really well eating most adult foods, although he is kinda picky (must have gotten that from me). He is still growing like a weed and is weighing in right around 24 pounds.

Happy 11-month Birthday, Garrett!!!

No comments: