Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Christmas was a whole new experience for us this year. We had a wonderful time with Garrett and loved seeing his reaction to everything. We decided that we didn't want to have to travel on Christmas day so we had Adam's parents and my mom and Paul over for dinner. We wanted to keep it very small so that we could relax and so that Garrett wouldn't be too overly stimulated. We cooked a great dinner: Turkey, noodles (courtesty of my mom), mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, baked corn and rolls. For dessert we had cookies, pecan pie (courtesy of Tam), and a pumpkin chiffon pie. I actually made the pumpkin chiffon pie from scratch. It was the first time that I had ever made a pie completely from scratch. I made the crust, filling and even my own whipped cream. I thought that it turned out pretty well for my first time (thanks for the recipe Oprah)! I always love using our dining room and decorating it for Christmas. This year was no exception...












Garrett got tons of presents (okay, I might have overdone it a little bit), but his favorite part was the wrapping paper. We still enjoyed watching his amazement by everything. Once all the presents had been unwrapped he actually cried because there was no more paper for him to tear up. I guess we'll just have to start wrapping random things around the house!



Hope you all had as great of a Christmas as we did. Stay safe and have a Happy New Year as well!

No comments: