Thursday, September 2, 2010

Preschool!

Today was Garrett's first day of preschool.  I can't believe how big he is!  We enrolled him in the preschool at Carmel Methodist Church because we have heard such great things about it.  He is in the Ducks class and goes every Thursday from 9am to 1pm.  We went last week to meet his teachers and see his classroom and he did great.  This morning he was pretty excited about going to "school" and didn't seem bothered by it at all as we waited for his classroom to open up.  Once the door opened and his teachers said hello to him he immediately got shy, but once they mentioned that they had cars & trucks to play with he walked into the classroom just fine :)  No tears or anything!  Well....unless you count my tears!  I had high hopes that he was having a fabulous day, but that wasn't exactly the case.  When I picked him up from school he was crying and his teachers said that he cried off and on for pretty much the entire day :(  I almost broke into tears again when they told me that!  Apparently he did play some, loved recess & digging in the sandbox, and did 2 craft projects, but just kept crying sporadically.  I noticed that he was holding his mouth (his molars have been bothering him lately) and they said that he had done that alot today as well.  Soooo, I'm hoping that maybe his teeth were just hurting and that's why he had such a rough day.  Crossing my fingers that next week goes better! 


Checking out his classroom during orientation

Eating breakfast & excited to go to school!



All ready for preschool!



His craft projects :)

No comments: